Get to Know Me
“Leadership, Experience, Commitment“
– Winchester City School Board (8 years)
– Winchester Green Circle Initiative (23 years)
– Winchester-Frederick County Economic Development Commission (8 years)
– Top of Virginia Regional Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors (8 years)
– Board of Architectural Review (BAR) for City of Winchester (8 years)
– Winchester-Frederick County Industrial Parks Association, (12 years)
– Preservation of Historic Winchester (PHW) board of directors (4 years)
– Winchester City Council (current)
2020 – Present: Winchester City Council – Councilor, First Ward Planning & Economic Development Committee – Chairman
2013 – 2020: Winchester City School Board
Successes from my tenure on the School Board:
- Site selection and development of much needed new John Kerr Elementary School. Development linked to the extension of Meadowbranch Avenue.
- Redevelopment of the former JKES site for the Innovation Center for Career and Technical Education focused facility with project based learning focus.
- Planned redevelopment of the former Frederick Douglass School on N. Kent Street as the future central offices of WPS.
- Budget management with focus on work force retention through Cost to Compete.
- Dual language immersive programs at two of our four K-4 schools.
- Significant federal grant for the other two technology immersive K-4 schools.
2008 – 2009: Winchester Historic District Design Guidelines Review Committee
2001 – 2008: Winchester-Frederick County Economic Development Commission
Vice Chairman 2005-2006
2000 – 2008: Board of Architectural Review for City of Winchester
Chairman, 2004 – 2008
2010 – Present: Winchester Green Circle Committee
2008 – 2012: Preservation of Historic Winchester (PHW)
Board of Directors, 2008 – 2012
President, 2011 – 2012
2001 – 2008: Top of Virginia Regional Chamber of Commerce
Board of Directors, 2001 – 2008
2001 – 2006: Winchester-Frederick County Industrial Parks Association
Member, 2001 – Present
President, 2002 – 2006
University of Virginia, 1995, Bachelor of Science in Architecture
Minor in Urban and Environmental Planning
Concentration in Historic Preservation.
U. S. Naval Reserve 1996-2001 – direct commissioned officer rank attained 0-3E Lieutenant
- Civil Engineer Corps (SeaBees)
U. S. Navy Active Duty 1979-1987 – enlisted rank attained E-6 First Class Petty Officer.
- Nuclear Propulsion Training
- Electrician’s Mate
- U. S. Navy Dive School
U.S. Naval Reserves 1987-1996 – enlisted rank attained E-7 Chief Petty Officer.
- Explosive Ordinance Disposal – Mine Counter Measures